Startist is a platform that brings creative people together to collaborate on projects ranging from film and the arts to games and technology. Whether it’s a filmmaker looking for actors, a band needing a drummer or anyone who wants to join an inspired project, Startist makes the perfect match for you.
We are one of ten ERA-backed startups for the 2013 Winter Session. Our office, near Penn Station in Manhattan, is shared with other exciting startups and has a ping-pong table, kegerator, and all the other fun startup jazz.
We're heavily driven by user-centric design with a focus on technology and engineering as a first class discipline.
Sound intriguing? Then join us! We are looking for amazing people to join us in our NYC office for the following positions:
The Lead Designer will work with the Product Owner and CTO to ensure successful products are launched. This is a hands-on role, from the whiteboard, to mock ups, to code - you will be involved in every step of the process.
- Excellent UI/UX skills
- Excellent working experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and optimization for web.
- Experience with user testing, rapid prototyping and iteration.
- Clean and elegant design aesthetic.
- Strong eye for layout, color and typography.
- Solid intuition of best practices and tools used in user-centered interaction design.
To apply, please email us your resume and a link to your portfolio and we'll be in touch!
Technical Lead Engineer to work on the full stack from transaction processing to building user interfaces.
- 3+ years experience in web application development and architecture to build a stable, high-performance platform, using Python and related technologies for new feature development.
- Experience with Flask or Django a must.
- Proficiency with MongoDB replication and sharding.
- Knows and can talk about web issues such as API design, security, scalability and data management.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and an attitude for learning new technologies.
A plus but not necessary:
- Used Amazon EC2 to build a scalable product with Apache WSGI or similar application server.
To apply, please email us your resume and a brief cover letter and we'll be in touch!